Hello fellow knitters, crocheters and fibre artists of Whitby. My name is Christina, and I’m so excited to be taking over Kniterary after Martina’s tenancy here. She has really created a wonderful community here, and I’m looking forward to serving you all and helping to grow it in the years to come.
There is a lot of work ahead for us, as we continue to maintain what my husband and I built in Cobourg this past year, Artisanthropy, as well as parent my wonderful daughter (now coming up on two years old!), and figure everything out at Kniterary. For now, the space will continue on as it has been, with beautiful hand-dyed yarns both local and imported, reliable staple commercial yarns, lots of knitting and crochet tools, classes, socials, and, of course, the enticing Hedgehog Stitchery, where you can get all your cross-stich, embroidery and thread-related craft supplies, sharing the space.
What will change?
- Online shopping
- Hours of operation may shift slightly here and there
- Website updaates/changes (you’ve already witnessed a few, such as a new design)
- You will start to see some new products on a weekly basis as things move between Artisanthropy and Kniterary
- We have a new POS system, so receipt paper will look a little different
What will stay the same?
- Wednesday afternoon and Thursday evening drop-ins will continue as before
- Most of the same products you’ve come to know and love will remain in-shop
- For now, the shop will keep the same layout as it has had
- The same green paper bags you know and love
- Martina will continue to teach Saturday classes for the next three months
I do ask that you please bear with me as I get settled in, take stock of the current inventory, and prepare the shop for some of the inventory I plan to bring over from Artisanthropy. If there’s anything specific you’re looking for but can’t find here, or are interested in seeing, please let me know. I’m always open to new product ideas, and want to make sure I’m bringing in what you want! Also, be sure to check out Artisanthropy.ca for everything we have there – if you want anything you see there, I will be there on Saturdays and can bring it back for you to pick up on Tuesdays.
Hope to see you all soon, and if you’re ever driving through Cobourg, definitely go check out Artisanthropy. Martina will be there Tuesdays-Fridays until the end of March, so you can say hi to her there.